2011年1月27日 星期四

My favorite song

Ana tupa tu is a song written with the language of Bunun, Taiwan aboriginal race, and it means “moonlight.” Ana tupa tu is written by Biung himself who is a Bunun singer and usually participate in charity activities.

I love this song because not only the rhythm is beautiful but also there is a touch story in this song...One day, Biung was going to leave his hometown to develop his career as a singer, and his grandmother wanted to give him a present. She took him outside the house, pointing at the moon, and told Biung “I give you the moon as the present. No matter wherever you are, the moon is always there. When you suffer from difficulties, our wishes will go around you through the moonlight.” When his grandmother passed by, Biung wrote this song to memorize his grandmother’s love and got power from this song and the moon.

I also got power from this beautiful song and his tender voice. However, a song written with aboriginal language was rare and the aboriginal cultures in Taiwan were disappearing because of the modern lives. I hoped we could reserve the cultures and their attitude toward everything. They do really appreciate God and their ancestors for their protecting and blessing. This was also the reason why I loved this song and aboriginal culture.

Zachary Chen

1 則留言:

  1. Truly a beautiful song! I could tell when you wrote and presented it to the class that you find this song to be special. Thank you so much for sharing!

    回覆刪除