Language is the thing that multinational companies should understand about my culture, especially the words. In my country, Taiwan, people speak Chinese and write Chinese words, tradtional Chinese words. Why do it have to be traditional? Due to the fact that simplified Chinese is created and used by China, some people in Taiwan regard someone who writes simplified Chinese as Chinese. Some Taiwanese discriminate Chinese because of the China's bad reputation and the historical conflict between Taiwan and China. In addition, some people in Taiwan regard this as not only culture difference but also political issue. Therefore, multinational companies should avoid simplified Chinese on the product and commercial advertisment, or they won't succeed in Taiwan.
Zachary Chen
I really love this paragraph that you've written. You have written with such great examples, and I can tell that you wrote carefully. I did not know a difference between "simplified" Chinese or traditional Chinese. Great job, Zach! You are a great writer.
回覆刪除